Ingredients for 2 servings:
16 oz Scallops (454g)
1 Tsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Peppercorn
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/8 tsp Paprika
1/4 C Butter
5 Cloves Garlic - minced
1/4 C Parsley
1/2 tsp Zest of Lemon - chopped
1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Pat dry Scallops on paper towels very well before cooking
- Heat large cast iron skillet on medium
- In medium bowl- toss scallops with a drizzle of olive oil or butter, just enough to coat it all over. Sprinkle them with sea salt, cracked pepper, red pepper flakes and paprika. Toss to coat gently.
- Drizzle a little butter to the hot skillet, just enough to coat the bottom. Add scallops making sure not to overcrowd the pan, and sear for 2 min on each side until nicely golden. (use small spatula to flip them individually)
- Add remaining butter to skillet with scallops and then add garlic. Remove from heat and using spatula push the garlic around to infuse the sauce for about 30 seconds. The heat from the skillet will be enough for the garlic to work its magic on the butter.
- Squeeze half a lemon over the scallops and move skillet around to combine with butter. Sprinkle with minced parsley, lemon zest and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy.