3/4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Ginger root
1/2 clove Garlic
1 1/2 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp Water
1 1/2 Tbsp Honey
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper flakes
4oz Beef flank
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 large Scallion (green onion)
- Heat 2 tsp Olive oil in frying pan over medium heat, add ginger and garlic and saute for 30 seconds; quickly add soy sauce and water before the garlic scorches.
- Add honey and red pepper flakes; raise heat and simmer for 3-4 min, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice beef into strips, place in ziploc bag with cornstarch and toss until all strips are evenly coated.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp Olive oil in frying pan, until its hot but not smoking. Add beef and saute/stirfry for 2 min until it begins to darken around edges, stirring every now and then so that it cooks evenly. Set strips aside and clean the pan.
- Return pan to heat, add meat and simmer for 1 min. Add the sauce and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Add the green onions and cook for 1 min further.
- Transfer to plate and serve.
Nutrition stats per serving: