Well, we had a deal for the sale of ACE.
We waited almost a week for it to be inspected to provide peace of mind to the new owners - even though it has just passed an interprovincial inspection last year and has full bumper to bumper comprehensive cover-absolutely-everything transferable (to new owners) and extendable warranty with 10,000km and 1 year left on it.
It was inspected Tuesday. What was supposed to be 1 hour took 3.5 hours and I was there when he got the results. They could not find anything wrong, even though they took it completely apart. Nothing.
We were to go to Nanaimo today to do the deal but he called last night and backed out. Apparently, a friend has an older RV and sold it to them cheap.
Just don't even know what to say about that.
We didn't even get a deposit because they seemed like the type you wouldn't need one from.
He told me last night that he was going to email the report over to us to help with finding a new buyer, we haven't received that as yet.
To say we're disappointed would definitely be an understatement. While we don't mind keeping her ourselves, its just frustrating to go through all the emotions of selling a prized possession for a week and a half and then ...
There was another buyer who wanted us to let him know if anything went wrong with the deal but, of course, that was 10 days ago. I sent a message to them late last night but have not heard back yet.
Should we have to start over - IF we start over and continue this journey of selling ACE, I will definitely be putting the price up as we learned through this that we listed it too low. Every cloud has a silver lining, I suppose.